BULAWAYO, Feb. 18 (NewsDay Live) – Police in Bulawayo have launched a manhunt for a two-year-old girl, Asandra Ndhlovu, who was allegedly kidnapped at a local mall at the corner of L. Takawira Avenue and J. Moyo Street yesterday.
Bulawayo police spokesperson Inspector Nomalanga Msebele confirmed the incident, dismissing social media reports that the child had been found.
“Contrary to social media reports, the child has not been found,” she said, appealing to members of the public with information that may assist in locating the toddler to contact the child’s mother on 0718333182 or 0777949816, or report to the nearest police station.
According to Msebele, the incident occurred on February 17, 2026, at around 10:30am. The child’s 25-year-old mother, a resident of New Lobengula, Bulawayo, was at her workplace serving customers while her daughter played nearby.
“After about 20 minutes, she checked on her child and could not locate her,” Msebele said.
The mother reportedly reviewed footage at the mall’s CCTV office, which showed an unidentified male suspect wearing a brown hooded jacket and blue work-suit trousers carrying the child out of the mall.
“The suspect’s face was not visible. The missing child was wearing a pink jersey and blue jean trousers and was barefoot,” Msebele added. “A police report was filed, leading to the launch of a manhunt.”
- Revisiting Majaivana’s last show… ‘We made huge losses’
- Edutainment mix: The nexus of music and cultural identity
- Padenga eyes 29% growth
- ChiTown acting mayor blocks election




